News

Police release footage of 10 men wanted amid recent unrest at Euro 2020 Wembley&#39

Police released footage of 10 men wanted in connection with the violence. Irregularity in the Euro final

.

Earlier on Saturday, after two men were arrested for allegedly allowing people without tickets to enter Wembley stadium. At last Sunday's finale, Metropolitan police released footage and issued a call for help to identify fans who "we think have questions to answer." It also included some ticketless fans who stormed Wembley stadium to watch the match between England and Italy. The painstaking process of reviewing hundreds of hours of CCTV and body-worn video content from Wembley Stadium and other key locations”.

“Meticulous research will continue to identify other people of interest or there may have been other crimes indeed,” he said.

Earlier on Saturday, Metropolitan police released one from Ilford, east London, and another from Newham, northeast London, under investigation, and investigations continue. Euro

He shared it with the aim of allowing people to trespass into the Wembley stadium during the final”.

The alleged stolen objects remain unclear.

51 people were arrested in the capital this week, including 30. Detainees at Wembley.

30 due to covid measures,

Spare seat in the stadium for England's most important match nt football match since 1966. This week, Met deputy commissioner Jane Connors denied allegations that the police operation had failed.

One fan told The Guardian they repeatedly tried to get a legitimate ticket. He didn't want to miss a potential once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see England compete in a grand tournament final.

"We didn't sit in anyone's shoes," he said. he said, referring to the multitude of empty seats. “We didn't hurt anyone. The people who caused the problem were the ones fighting the ticketless fans.”

But disabled fans spoke out about fears of being caught up in Sunday's commotion after ticketless fans admitted they were targeting disabled people.

A Football Association spokesperson said a full investigation would be conducted in cooperation with the police. “Safety and referee numbers for the final exceeded the requirements of the match and were higher than any other event at the Wembley stadium,” they said.

On Saturday, Andy Trotter, former Deputy Commissioner of the Met, said the behavior seen at Wembley was "disgusting".

“When someone reads the accounts… they need to be addressed,” he told Times Radio. “I think it's a little simple to blame it on the police because it's so obvious there are flaws everywhere.

“[But] I'm not trying to defend anyone here because it's been a terrible, terrible event and a real disgrace to our country's reputation.” The kickoff time on Sunday had allowed fans to drink all day and be "insensitive".

“Most football games go on with some degree of drunkenness… big, big problem,” he said. “The performers last Sunday are the same ones that performed on a hot Saturday night in every downtown area in this country.”

By 2020 July, there had been 30 football-related incidents and 344 arrests. It was recorded across the country in the 24-hour period of the final, according to the UK Football Police Service. It increased the number of football-related incidents to 2,344 and the number of arrests to 30 during the tournament.

Related Articles

Back to top button
en_USEnglish